Old 08-10-2008, 07:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA, FE BBF
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
Hey Fred,

Awesome Cobra!!!!! Since you seem to have way more experience that I do I have a question for you. I am running the larger TWM airhorns on my car as well. For now, I had AL at thor motorsports help me mill the the horns on the bottom to be able to place a screen between the throttle body and the horn. My Question for you is...are you planning on running any filters. If so, what are thinking...I have found anything I really like yet that looks good, breathes right, and fits under the ERA hood. Any thoughts would be appreciated as it looks like you have the larger horns as well.

Great looking ride,

Kramer
Hi Kramer,

I had a set up mesh screens made that go between the horns and the throttle bodies. This will keep the big stuff (small stones, etc) from getting into the motor. Given that this is a limited use car and will not be driven in dusty places, me experience is that this will be OK. You'll also notice the tennis balls shown in my previous post. These are mostly to protect the motor when the car is sitting or when I'm working on the motor.

Here's a picture of the screens that I am using.

- Fred