View Single Post
Old 08-10-2008, 05:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     

I have been and still am pursuing club rego in the NT as a way of being able to use my car whilst going through the engineering process.
Due to distance, I.e me being 1500kl's away from nearest engineer the process is going to take many many months.
I am now at the stage where I have approval from my engineer that he will use a second engineer (who visits from Adelaide approx every second month) as his eyes and ears during this process, so atleast I do not have to either fly engineer to Alice or take my car to him in Darwin.
I have spoken to and joined a local club that is registered to supply club rego plates in the NT.
At this point in time I have been advised that the regulations do not allow a replica vehicle to be on club plates.
I have asked the authorities for a copy of the act underlining this regulation, to which I have not had a reply yet.
The wording in the regulation advises what can be registered on club plates but does not specify that replica vehicles can not be registered on them.
I have been using the fact that the Vic authorities agree that a replica is ok for club plates.
The vehicle must be representitive of a 30 or more year old car to be on these plates.
I started to look at when the AC Ace was first built in England to see if I could sneak in on the pre 1949 clause for SR but fell a few years short.
If anyone has documented proof that they where around then, or that the same chassis was built by that time then that may be a way to get on the SR scheme.

I have just had a reply from the NT government regarding this and it appears the process is being reviewed with a chance it may be changed to allow ICV type vehicles in but at this point still no.

If anyone wants a copy of the email stream please pm me.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.