View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 02:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five, LSx Block
Send a message via ICQ to Tails Send a message via AIM to Tails Send a message via MSN to Tails Send a message via Yahoo to Tails
Not Ranked     

I'm still a newbie over there so I haven't been around that long. I don't know about all the past issues with the Bil shocks. I wanted the konis right off the bat so I got the complete kit. Do I love the build and the car so far? Yep sure do. However I'm not like the majority of the others over there that are addicted to the koolaid. Does FFR make a great car? Yes. However it's not the end all be all to component cars. I'm aware of that. Over on the ffcobra site I bite my tongue alot cause I know how that place is run. Pretty much a close resemblance to a dictatorship. Not how I choose to run some other forums I mod on.

Having worked in a few performance shops in my short life I have a decent grasp of how to handle similar issues like this. When something comes up, multiple times, you have to do a little research into what is going on. If something is breaking as dangerous as a shock at highways speeds then you need to act, RIGHT AWAY. Not blame it soley on user error, print out some docs on how to install it correctly, and hope the situation goes away. Am I saying they need to give away upgraded shocks for free? Nope. However make it a deal with the customer at the beginning of the problem. Not who knows how many months or years down the road when you decided to go "Hey looks like there is a problem".

I will say kudos to FFR to making a great kit. Without them I wouldn't be able to build my dream car...

Tails
Build Blog
First Start
Gokart
Let's Take A Ride