View Single Post
Old 08-23-2008, 03:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 930, 427 Windsor T56
Not Ranked     

I have an SA motor. I bought it from SA. It leaked so bad when it arrived that I could not drive the car without repairing the leak. How is it that an engine that is "ran in for 2 hours on a test stand" has a major intake manifold oil leak? There was oil in the bottom of the shipping crate for cryin out loud. I'm gonna go out an a limb here and say it probably didn't run for more then 2 minutes if at all.

I heard all of the stories about how great the service was from the owners of SA. They were great hosts to the DSCC. They are really nice people. That is why I chose them for my project. They were willing to help with my oil leak problems. At what point to we say "gee, why do they have to provide so much service for engine problems after the sale"??????? And I only had to trailer the car to Atlanta for them to fix it. Good service is only half of the equation. You have to have a quality product too.

Think about this for a minute. How many posts on this forum have you seen with people saying how great KCI was with fixing the problem with thier new engine?

Have Fun!

BDR #930
08 Corvette Coupe
92 Sunburst Yellow Miata
#81 Saturn V Miata Crapcan racer
Panoz GTRA #42