View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 04:04 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
One point of thought I have, is that I often find one engine builder does not like another builder's work. They have negitive things to say right away about the other guy, especially when they do not know each other.
I've seen the same thing on occasion, I chaulk it up to the fact that the "other guy" is their competition!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I build my own engines, but I do buy some parts and pieces from some of the top builders....I let the builder's reputation speak for itself.....anyone building anything is going to have a failure sometimes, it's how often they have failures and what they do about them that I'm interested in.....

BTW: I would NEVER want to go into business building any kind of engines for the general public!!!!!!!!!!!!!!there are way too many things the builder can't control that can cause engine failure....

One transmission shop told me the number one reason of failures of transmission he builds is the customer forgets to put oil/fluid in them after they install them, he has to ship them "dry".........and then the customer complains the trans. only lasted a few miles before burning up, gee, ya think so................:r olleyes:

David