View Single Post
Old 08-26-2008, 10:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Mark III, Carbed Explorer 302
Not Ranked     

I'm just fed up with whole situation, I was never OK with the zip ties/washer solution to the Bilstein coil over set up. So I decided to throw another $500 at the Cobra and switch to Koni on all 4 corners. I had a set 12 coil front springs that needed to be replaced anyhow,(earlier recall) so they further reduced the front Koni kit price. I figured to upgrade my suspect Bilstein shocks would have cost me at least $140 + shipping, I would cut my losses and improve my Cobra at the same time. I also should be able to sell off the remaining coil over parts at a later time (there is no problem with the rears).

I believe FFR should have removed the Bilstein coil over set up long ago (when washer/zip ties were sent out), then to let this boil sit and fester on their IMHO great reputation. One of my favorite saying applies here "Never provide the steel in which they can beat you up with".

Pat
Proud owner of FFR1004630RD '01 Explorer 302, FRPP B-Cam, Holley S/A 670, HD T-5, Wilwood pedals, 3 link, Koni shocks, 17" Bullett wheels, Baer brakes, Classic gauges, I-Squared wiring, Jaguar Racing Green w/Sliver Stripes

Tagged and road ready in NYSas of 6-5-09 Life is GREAT!

My build log http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/cobra-build-logs/80663-my-cobra-build.html

If you live "Upstate" near Albany, NY send me a PM. Our Cobra gang is growing and looking for new members!