View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 05:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: # 757 ERA 427 SC , 482 Al. big block
Not Ranked     

Fred , Beautiful car !! I talked to Doug a while back and he said he had never seen so many wires as yours had !
I have ERA # 757 and have been working on the tire clearance issue for mine . I`m running the Avon 245`s on the front , not 235`s ,and do have contact with the inner rear fender lip on a left turn at full suspension droop ( car is still on ERA shop stands ) after one turn of the steering wheel . No problem with right turn under the same conditions . I have the fast ratio box , so I only have about another .3 turns to full lock . With no load on the suspension , the tires are at their widest point on the diameter and my thought , like you , is that when the engine etc is in , suspension set and aligned and the car on the ground , the wheels/tires will be far enough up due to loading ( smaller part of the tire diameter ) that this may not be an issue ... if it is , I`ll just clearance the inner lip some. I discussed this with ERA before getting the tires and was told up front that it could be an issue .... but being stubborn , decided to do it anyway .