Thread: SEMA input
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2008, 04:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default You need and outside spot

thorconstr Al I know this is not cheap but there is nothing like showing people how well your system works. I real car run, Give the specs on the motor,with a .650-750" lift cam, 10.5- 11.0 compression on pump gas. Have the idle at 850-950 rpm and then tap the throttle and show the instant responce. A dyno sheet of your system against any carb. There is a power different between stacks and a carb in the mid range, more power and torque. Tell them the system is not for 8,000 rpms and makes more power in the lower to middle rpm range. Drivability and mpg is the hook. Show your 4 best selling systems in different stages from natural look to coated. A nice picture blown up of Fred Kemmers motor wouldn't hurt to show the WOW look. The bottom question is WHY should I buy your setup over a carb??? Answer Power, drivability, and looks.This is about having the best for your car. Not about saving pennies and going cheap. There are no carbs on new car anymore. Not saying that the lastest carb are not very tunable. Would you rather pull apart a car on the hot motor and possibly have a fire or just go to the laptop, change a couple on numbers and you have a whole new running motor. You can even do this driving down the road. Can't adjust a carb while driving at 50 mph. The rest is on you Al. Rick L. ps lost the number for getting the screens on the throttlebodies. Will get back to you after R&G. Ps is anyone running with the IAC block? how is that working out??