View Single Post
Old 09-06-2008, 09:28 PM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

The main jets supplied from Holley on that carb were 71's but the secondaries were 85's. Since the secondaries are used under full power, and a big jet size, they really do not need a power valve in the secondaries. Many carbs from Holley have a secondary plate without a power valve, or a secondary metering block without a power valve.

The hole in the plate is not "blocked" off, rather, it was never machined for a power valve.

The power valve in the primary side does the power enrichment, along with the accelerator pumps helping during the transition to WOT.

I'm assuming there is a power valve on the primary metering block. If not, the previous owner removed it and installed a plug for some reason, or used a secondary metering block instead of the primary metering block, just to get the carb assembled for sale. That would be weird, and you might have some problem without a power valve. Maybe not. If this is the case, I would send an e-mail to the seller.

The primary metering block (supplied by Holley) would be number 134-229. The secondary metering block was number 134-230

The 3395 you mentioned is the date code ... carb was built in the 33rd week of 1995.

I have no idea what the 11398 number is for. All Holley metering blocks are numbered 134- with either 1 , 2 or 3 digits after the dash.