View Single Post
Old 10-13-2001, 09:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing - High-performance 5.0-liter, four-valve Ti-VCT engine, 420 horsepower @ 6500 rpm.
Not Ranked     
Default Reply to "427sharpe"

You may have missed the point of my postings. By reading your comment, I assume you have not read them - I know , it's a lot of reading - but when (and if) you do, you'll understand my point (Look at "Cavaliere Cars" in the Consumer Watch forum on Club Cobra).

I have never said EM products were bad. I am happy for your good experience with their kit and their support.

Mine is a solid kit too, but as far as calling and getting one of "the Everetts" to support my problem, their support has been dismal to say the least. Invite me to the factory?? Yeah, right. Brett has not even been interested in seeing what Cavaliere did to their kit. Not even "please send me some pictures..."

Yes, EM did not build the car, yes, they're not responsible for what Cavaliere did with the kit once he removed it from the factory, but Brett praised Cavaliere as "one of their preferred builders" when I came to the factory. Also, EM modified my chassis based on Cavaliere's request, but they have not EVER taken the time to explain to me "why/what for", though I have asked Brett on e-mail, on the phone and on a certified letter. He's never responded - to any of them. All I have is a note from Brett to the first mechanic who inquired about the poor set up on my chassis, and that's all.

You're happy for the support you recieved, well, I'm happy for you too, but they failed ME miserably. They hid behind the fact that they had no legal obligation to me and washed their hands off their "preferred builder" and left me hanging.

Could they have done anything? I don't know. Should they have fixed my car on Cavaliere's behalf? Probably not fair to them. Should they have just ignored my problem and put their heads in the sand? Not On Your Life.

This could have been a public relations coup for them - Keeping a "once removed" Everett-Morrison owner happy AND the EM product flawless, but since they have customers like you, happy all around with them, the people like me fall by the wayside. They don't need the aggravation. This is a classic example where all the "Attaboys" outshine the one "Aw-sh*t"

Had I been Brett, I would have said "Cavaliere, you destroyed one of our kits; you put it out on the street in shambles; you ripped off an EM owner; you misreperesented yourself to us; you lied to DMV about one of our products, and until you fix his problem, AND resolve YOUR problems you are not welcome at the factory. You'll have no access to parts, to advise or to anything else"

But then again, I'm not Brett, and my EM Cobra is still a piece of crap.