View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 05:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris-kincaid View Post
I can't believe that Bilstein is the problem. They make nice shocks. The Shelby spec racers use Bilsteins and they've never broken. I thought Pro-Shocks on FFR's broke also? Shelby has been using Pro-Shocks for several years and never had a failure. I have a hard time believing Bilstein and Pro-Shock just sends all their defective shocks to FFR and the rest of the world gets the good stuff.
You would think with multiple brands of shocks failing and folks talking about the stress of the load causing the failure, that you could determine that its a design issue and not the shock. I don't blame Bilstein for not following up.

Has FFR looked at any of the cars that have had shock failures? Is there a commonality in the type of failure between all the cars affected? I would think FFR would have inspected each car personally to determine the cause and make a formal statement. Has that happened? I doubt it.

Since these are 'component cars' I don't think they are held to the same federal standards as the 'big three' regarding failures.