Old 09-15-2008, 02:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default What do you think ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleyellar View Post
The fans are controlled by the temp sensor in the radiator. I have changed mine twice since 1998. The temp sensor closes the relay coil starting the fans, I have replaced two of those since 1998. All seperate failures at four different times. I have since wired a manual switch to activate the fans incase either fails again. Sensor is in the radiator the relay is under the dash.
Good luck
My fans (SPO 2811) come on around 85C and keep the engine cool...no problem, both work and suck air in...when I turn the engine off the fans will come on and then turn off when the water temp gets to below 80 except on a couple occasions when I have gone back out to the garage and they were running at 60C...on a couple occasions, they have ran the battery down ??? I have a manual switch on the dash...I guess my question is what is your guess, the temp sensor or the relay or what ??? If so, where do I get the parts ??.....to tell you the truth, I would just as soon do away with the automatic feature and just use the manual switch but I suppose, nothing is simple anymore ?? Thanks in advance for any advice...