View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 06:20 AM
Canadian Gashole
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Johnex 427 S/C, 351W, 472 HP, 444 lbs. torque
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Kudos to Mustangs Unlimited & Scott Drake

I purchased a Rally-Pac from Mustangs Unlimted for my '66 Mustang last September which I installed over the winter. By mid summer I noticed that the tach was indicating 1100 rpm at idle which I knew was higher than the engine was actually turning. I didn't think much of it and kept using the car when I happened to observe that the tach stayed at 400 rpm when the engine was shut off.

I called M U to explain the situation and was told that they only had a 60 day (maybe 30 day) return policy on electronics. I thought that I was screwed but they called me back saying that Scott Drake Mustang Parts (their supplier) had a 1 year warranty so I should sent it directly back to them which I did. S D called back a week later saying that this unit was not supplied by them and added that it appeared to be quite old and had been "used" which I understood to mean that it had already been repaired. It appeared as though I had received an old, used Rally-Pac.

Now I was sure that I was really screwed but M U stepped up to the plate. They requested that S D return the old unit to them at which time they sent me a brand new Rally-Pac.

I received great service from both Mustangs Unlimited and Scott Drake Mustang Parts which is great to see when so many suppliers just let the consumer muddle through on his/her own.

Regards,
Wayne