View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 10:03 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Gary

Congrats on the win, I did curse you for some time!

I would like to set some ground rules, this is my opinion and only mine as you will get a bunch with all varying a bit.

Original 1960's cars:
Either 289 or 427 cars are similar in value within their catagory. 289's sell for 450-600k and 427's sell 900-1.1mm. They are the originals! They can fetch more dollars from their specific pedigree. The pedigree can be from racing, historical events, CS owned and the like.

Everything else post 1960 is a replication of the original even those made by AC, Autokraft, SAI or the hundreds of others. Your car and all those post 60's cars can't even run in the concourse show at SAAC, not even with AC Body bucks...

In my opinion:
CSX1000 car is equivalent in value to a Vegas built alluminum car.
That makes it 100-125k.
AC body bucks: Ok and?
Add CS name to the title, even though he never really owned it, maybe a few more bucks for covanance. (say <$5000)
I would estimate 105k - 130k depending on buyers and market.

SAI does anything they can to add a limited addition or special model to stimulate their huge margin car sales. If I had 200K burning a hole in my pocket for your car, I might buy it as I love these cars. Realistically that would be stupid on my part as your car is really a 4000 series with a twist. The foundation wants the car for show because it is an attention getter. As they all are that for sure.

Realistic in truth but highly collectable can be debated. Kind of like that CSX-R car for sale on fleabay at $325g's, GOOD LUCK

You have a great car with a great story, value is not relavant if the car is not slated for the auction block. If it is go where there is a reserve as you may get the proverbial screwing.

Good luck with your adventure..........