View Single Post
Old 09-22-2008, 06:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar Classics, 302 stroked to 347; Metallic British Racing Green
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel1 View Post
Ok, I'll stick my neck out a little.

A few Aussies have become tired of the attitude from a moderator.

It is a sad fact that many Aussie folks who have been encouraged to post on this site have found the experience a little unsavory and no longer get involved.

The site needs strong moderators .... but some moderators need to understand the international nature of the site and display an unbiased position a some matters and comments.

I still post but nowhere near as often as I once did.
OK...as a foreigner here in a foreign land, with a HUGE affection for my former colonial brethren downunder (and don't ANY of you mention f***ing cricket...we ARE trying to get better, honestly...lol), I was dismayed to read this. There IS a tendency in The Lounge, for the more politically biased (sorry to the Republicans... ) Americans to get a little carried away at times, but just out of interest, can you be more specific as to what has discouraged you folks to participate? To what particular 'attitude' are you referring?

The international flavor of the site makes it kind of special, and it would be a shame to lose that!

Glyn (pet Brit)

"No, I DON'T have an accent, this is how English sounds when it is pronounced correctly!"