View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 03:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardferguson View Post
Let me guess Rebel1, does this issue go back to that high-point of ClubCobra theatre, namely the Lewis thread?
If so, it ain't worth it!
Richard
Nuh, guessed wrong Richard.

Whilst I had some disagreement with Jamo at that time it is not something that principally caused me to comment as I did. Certainly it had a minor bearing but It was a mainly a combination of that and as follows:

It's a small world in that this very subject, ie. where are all the Aussies on CC, was a discussion held over a few pots of the amber fluid a little ways back.

I can say that Jamo's name did come up in a not too flattering way and is the reason I stuck my neck out and made the comment and I stand by that comment.

However, During the said period of intoxication we went thru a heap of CC email notifications and noted the posters . The outcome from that pi$$y little exercise was a recognition that we have indeed "lost" many Australian members.

There really is only a handful of Aussies frequent the site. Where have all the others gone?. Don't they enjoy the many benefits this site gives to so few of us?. Search your own memories (or records) and see just how many Aussies joined but are no longer active.

Or ... do they leave us once the cars are on the road and they have no further need to log on and enjoy the banter?.

I'm not saying that Jamo is the cause of this ... fact is I mostly enjoy his humour and even during our disagreement and in my responding to the many supportive emails I maintained my appreciation of his efforts and the need for him to take a hard line.

The fact he was wrong in his dealings with me within that Lewis thread is past history and I've forgiven him. (attempt at mirth Jamo)

But, the question stands unanswered....where are all the Aussies?.