Old 10-03-2008, 12:53 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF GT40P-2265/393W, KMP318 (PROJECT!!!!!)/CSX478
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by boblyon1 View Post
One concern that should be discussed but has NOT surfaced so far: Aluminum tends to dent fairly easy and most Kirkham owners are pretty paranoid regarding where they park or who leans against them.
Oh really? Says who? Quite frankly, I worrly a lot LESS about my Kirkham than I do about any of my 6 other cars. I'm not particularly worried about denting the aluminum, though it could happen with a misplaced elbow. Simply leaning against the car?...No, it will only dent if you really push on it. Will it dent easier than a steel car? Yes. Is it easier to fix? He!! yes, especially if you don't paint it. And remember, the aluminum a Kirkham is made of is thicker, and composed of a much stronger alloy than the soda cans AC used in the 60s.

Check out my gallery photos for the big dent in the rear quarter panel from rolling it into the side of the garrage. The Kirkham boys hammered that out in about an hour at BASH 2007. You couldn't tell that it was ever even there today. Just try that with fiberglass.

Quite frankly, I drive my car almost every day...to work, to the grocery store, to get a burger. Do I worry about door dings, sure, but I know that they can be taken out with a little work. The lack of paint means absolutely no concern for rock chips...not even on the track. Try that with a SPF (not a knock against SPF, it just goes with being a painted car, including every other car I own).

Would I like a SPF? You bet, I'll take a GT40 mark 1, wide hips, right-hand drive, full cage, and fuel cells.

"Dishwasher? I thought that was for cleaning parts!?"