View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 11:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary with 482 KC/SO, TKO600,IRS Jag/AMP, 3.54 Salisbury PL,
Not Ranked     

I do not know what how the check valve in the bleed jet exactly works, but you can blow through it one way only if it is a 0.00 one. On rest it apparently is closed and the gasoline in the pump circuit boils over, creates pressure and escapes through the pump jet into the throats.
With the 0.50 bleed this did not happen, so it looks like the pressure in the pump circuit escapes through the bleed hole and you do not get the nasty spill. Unfortunately the .50 spill is too much and creates a slight bog, so I am waiting for a set of 0.35 to arrive
At times I thought this had all to do with the float height and heat to the carbs through the gasket, but I have learned that it has nothing to do with that. I have the brass float at 4.2mm from the lower carb body surface, and it is ok so, since it compensates for the inclination of the carbs. I double checked on that and it is the best adjustment so far.
I am even thinking of removing the 10mm heat isolators from the carbs, which give me headaches because they raise the carbs and the air horns are touching the hood and pushing the two front right horns off its seat in the carb all the time.

I could not find .85 air corrector jets, so I took 2.20 air correctors . filled the holes with tin solder and drilled on the lathe a 0.75mm hole, which is the drill bit I could find around here. Works perfectly and gets away with top end leanness. Tried them out today with great success.