Thread: The POOL ROOM
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 07:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCC View Post
I understand the owner of Lakeside is the same as Queensland Raceway.

Maybe the V8's are going to end up in your back yard

In regards to the infrastructure at least the flag waver will have a gantry to stand on by the end of the year
Pete, You are correct, the operator of Lakeside is one John Tetley, also the CEO of Queensland Raceway.

Nope, I doubt we will see a return of the V8's to Lakeside. That will be the exclusive money spinner for QR. Lakeside will be more club type events with maybe a couple of annual events like the muted endurance event. Maybe we will see a Queensland 500 sometime in the future which will incorporate the V8's.

As to it being in my backyard, all I have to say is that it worries us Northsiders. Until now the gateway bridge has remained a sorta pseudo immigration barrier to Southsiders crossing the creek. With the duplication of the Gateway and now lakeside being ramped up then more and more swamp dwellers will venture Northwards.

As to the security of the flag waver ...If I were he and knew exactly who had input into the gantry I'd be afraid .... very afraid.