Thread: FE vs. 460
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 12:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default Chassis/body 1st, drivetrain second...

If it were me, I'd pick the chassis/body manufacturer first, then select your powerplant and size next. For example, you could go with a 427 body and decide FE, or an FIA style, and go small block, or go with something different such as a Stallion/West Coast Cobra and go 460, etc. Or, even something different such as configuration such as one of the new Cobras coming out that Shelby is building with an aluminum style FIA body and an aluminum Shelby small block in it, stroked, with plenty of HP and less weight. Some of the more expensive cars/kits typically call for a specific powerplant and configuration if you follow the mainstream crowd of thinking for specific makes/models/configurations. For example, you would probably only put a small block in an ERA or Unique FIA body and a big block FE in a 427 body car. Or, you could do something like an EM car with a new Ford powerplant in it and that might work for you. It sort of depends on what you start with chassis wise, and based on what you plan to do with the car, and most importanly, determining your budget and time schedule for completion of the car - then go from there. Good luck.

Last edited by decooney; 10-13-2008 at 12:55 AM..