View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 02:49 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rowen Replicar 351C wish it ran :) Anxiously awaiting delivery of my Road Serpent :)
Not Ranked     

Yes, it is a dark blue generic Cobra without skunk stripes or roll bars. I have just never gotten around to posting any pictures of it—just keep thinking that there would be a better time later.

I am trying to figure out about where you live. Is it close to Ray McIntyre’s Chandler Auto Pro on Hwy 62? Ray has several nice Fords including his 428 Mustang and a 427 Thunderbolt clone. But you probably know him. If you don’t he is a great resource on any car project.

Thank you for offering to help. There is always something more it seems to need but right now things may be under control. This summer we put a better radiator in it and have fought with the carburetor and something else but I can’t remember what now. After a lot of trial and error, it seems that the carburetor problem was mainly a bad power valve but we changed almost everything before we figured it out. It was one of the new “million mile” valves that were not supposed to go bad. I had heard about this problem with Hollies but had never seen it before. The new radiator came from PRC, north of Boonville. They added a shroud and recommended some changes in plumbing to help eliminate air from the cooling system as well as build a two coil double pass radiator. Dwayne is great to work with and his suggestions and new radiator seemed to have done the trick.

Please keep me posted on your Unique. They are an excellent car. If you would like to see it, I think there is a VCR sales build tape from Unique that is about 20 years old lying around in the basement. For all I know, they are probably still using the same one. Ha!!

Again, if you get the chance, we will have lunch or just drop by.

Ricky