View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 04:15 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rowen Replicar 351C wish it ran :) Anxiously awaiting delivery of my Road Serpent :)
Not Ranked     

A year or so ago Bernie Knight and Hershel came through this area and several guys met them at the Outback Restaurant. Brent was at that dinner and I met him then. We all had a good time and talked about doing it again but unfortunately, it never happened. His car sounded phenomenal. Hopefully there are other local folks and perhaps Cobra fans from Owensboro and Henderson reading this thread who would be interested in getting together this fall and having another supper together. It would be a lot of fun.

There are several very nice Cobras in the area. Mine is not one of those but it is fun. Like you are concerned, the foot box is a tight fit for my 5’ 11’ 210 body with size 11 shoes. Our 6’3” son with larger feet drives it frequently and says that is not a problem—I do not see how, but he loves driving it. The Superformances are much better fitting and surely the Unique will be too. This one is the 1970-80’s style kit based on a Mustang II suspension and simple 4x4 box frame. The engine is a 351 Cleveland. The clutch is the old 11” high performance with a hydraulic external slave cylinder. The transmission is a wide ratio top loader with a 3.5 ratio 9 inch differential. The body was thick and stout but very poorly done. It took a lot of work and still is far from perfect. It has been out enough and abused enough to look a little used. I think I like that look in a Cobra

Choosing the color was by far the hardest decision. Please let me know when you get it. I would like to see it. If you do it like you did your Vette, you will have a very special car.

Ricky