Thread: The POOL ROOM
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 04:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by schipps View Post
Hey Les,

Did you hear abou the share trader on wall St who was asked after the market carnage how he was. "Terrible!" he replied. "It is worse than a divorce."

"How is that?" asked the journalist.

He replied "I have lost 1/2 my net worth AND I STILL HAVE my wife!"

Hehehehe, now that's what I call good financial advice. My missus costs me an arm and leg and the return on investment seems to diminish the longer she's around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schipps View Post
Les remember it only took about 2 years to bounce back after the 1987 crash... So that should take you through to ... around 75???
Hang in there Les
regards
Mick
Mick, I feel better today ... I've just read what Marc Faber wrote in his June 2008 Boom, Gloom and Doom Report on the Bush bailout. I have edited it for local content. Quote:

"The federal government is sending pensioners a $1400 rebate. If they spend that money at Harvey Norman, the money goes to China. If they spend it on gasoline it goes to the Arabs.If they buy a computer it will go to India. If they purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico, Honduras and Guatemala. If they purchase a good car it will go to Germany. If they purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan and none of it will help the Australian economy.

The only way to keep that money here at home is to spend it on prostitutes and xxxx beer, since these are the only products still produced in Oz. "

Now I'm no pensioner but I think I'll start doing my bit early and hope things get better for when I do retire....That's if I live that long.

Last edited by Rebel1; 10-16-2008 at 05:51 PM..