View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 01:50 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rowen Replicar 351C wish it ran :) Anxiously awaiting delivery of my Road Serpent :)
Not Ranked     

Glad you found a painter. Please paint your car what ever color you like—with my blessings. It is your car. Besides no two Cobras ever look the same. There are so many other individual choices reflected in one that color is secondary. I think dark blue is a natural color for Cobras and hope you chose that too if you like it. There are even several nice “flavors” of that. It receives a lot of complements. I read somewhere that you should just close your eyes, relax, and just think of a car (Cobra) and imagine the color you just feel most comfortable with on it. Then go for it. It worked for me.

Thank you for the pictures of the Vette. That hood scoop makes mine look insignificant. Ha! It was a beautiful car.

The hydraulic clutch release is an external slave cylinder from here at AFCO. I made a bracket for it and used the original clutch arm. There has been some debate on Club Cobra forums about with is better that or a hydraulic throw out bearing. I don’t which is best but this works OK for me. Probably, since I chose that the other is better—story of my life. Ha!!

Have a nice weekend. Let me know if you would like to see or ride in it—weather permitting.

Rick