View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 01:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289FIA 2131, 331 stroker by Dan Dalena with 48 IDAs by Jim Inglese, AC Cars AC8 "Rosso Chiaro" (PPG Nexa code FG39) by Connecticut Custom
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Holden View Post
jeffy:

Just a reminder that my current (and your proposed) Weber setup does not have a provision for a thermostat. I have ended up putting one into the upper hose and blocking off the oil cooler in an effort to try and get some heat into the motor.

Jim

PS: Danny said, after rebuilding my set of Webers, that he would never do another set... so, I hope you are buying new.
FYI: My current motor is a Dart (4.25") iron block with Dart aluminum heads. The block has four bolt mains on all of the mains and required a custom (Stef) oil pan. I believe that AVIAD now makes a pan for this application.
Hi Jim-

Yes, we are going with new Webers; parts availability has improved a lot recently, I'm told. Rick Parker mentioned the thermostat issue to me as well, and has a plan for how to tackle it during the winter. We'll see how that works out. Thanks for passing along your solution; not sure what we'll do there.

We are using a 289 production block with the Dart aluminum heads and an AVIAD pan (used, if we can find a good one).

Hope things are all well!

Jeff