View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 12:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA, 428, 4 speed Toploader, Jag rear, Red with White stripes
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
Dave....You are on the right path my friend. Simple evaluation of basic airflow is something most Snake owners don't ever consider. They are so obsessed with being "original" that any change is considered heresy. You might install a set of air/fuel ratio gauges in your pipes to start with. A simple change you might try is to reverse the direction of the hood scoop. There's more air pressure at the base of the windscreen than out on the middle of the hood's surface. (a simple manometer test will prove that) Don't be afraid to go against the majority's opinions....there's little knowledge there..only monkey see monkey do. Badger
Thanks Badger, but I probably fall into the same crowd, sort of anyway!
I still want it to look very Cobra-ish, I have no interest in turning the scoop around, and I am a working JOE so everything needs to be cost effective.
I figure, if I can at least supply lots of air availability(ducts), CFM availability( much bigger air cleaner), Looks( ducting, cobra oval AC dropped down to accept a 3" element, modified turkey pan or airbox).../then I will have a much improved performing car, and still look great at the car shows and for my own eye!