View Single Post
Old 10-25-2008, 05:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

"ERA Charles,
You obviously don't get it- I'm a scratch builder, I LIKE doing things the hard way and I'm way too cheap to pay for that CWI bling for my car. Besides it wouldn't fit my original style chassis anyway.
"

Bob,
Here's what I DO get.
Your appreciation of my 3 word and link post (the first to answer you in fact) is truly gratifying. It's rare here but guys like you make me regret trying to help a CC member with a satisfactory relevant answer to posted questions.

"Does anyone know, will a 67 XKE Type II ring and pinion/shaft fit a later 77-87 Dana 44 style rear end? "
"Having a tough time finding a Jag rear with the 3:54 ratio "
"BTW, where is a good place to get the proper R&P for the Jag Dana 44 rears so I can change out the stock 2.88's I seem to constantly find? "
"The second thing is that it is almost impossible to find a stock Jag limited slip rear anymore. "
"Also, are all the Dana style Jag rears the same? I've seen differentials from 67 up to 87 or later and in the pics they all look the same. Any differences that would make them unusable for a Cobra rear? "

Mike Bontoft knows the answer to all these questions and has the parts to supply. He was a fountain of knowledge, gave freely of his time and supplied all the parts I needed. The kind of outfit I'd recommend to a friend.

I didn't buy bling. I didn't say you had to buy bling or complete assemblies. I didn't say to buy chrome nut covers. If you [i]had[i] mentioned you're a Craigslist shopper, I never would have wasted my time trying to help you with CWI and open myself up for a slap. You never mentioned you're a bottom dollar builder with a "scratch built original style" chassis.
Seems to me, a skilled and prudent "scratch builder" would do all the homework on chassis-related components before selecting design criteria and laying any pipe.

"CWI, concours west industries recommended the 89-95 HE, because it's stronger. They specialize in jag rears, not sure if their still in business?. 360-274-3373. Perry Henry "

Perry sent you to the same place I did. The other respondents also provided links to quality retail parts suppliers.

They obviously don't get it either.

Last edited by ERA Chas; 10-25-2008 at 05:57 PM..