Thread: The POOL ROOM
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2008, 05:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by trularin View Post
Oh, I thought it was because XXXX Beer was just about the worse beer there was...like wild dog urine.

Yeah, but like i said....you got it all wrong, they weren't referring to taste. After all, who has tasted dingo pi$$. Unless of course it was a gay bar you were visiting.

It's the same as that other Aussie icon of foodstuffs, a product we love which foreigners find absolutely vile .... our very own Vegemite.

Here in Oz we feed it to our kids and they love it. Kids demand it on their school lunches. New Mothers use it on toast when their kids are teething. Yet you folks find it almost impossible to eat.

Bundy Rum, XXXX beer and Vegemite, much maligned but recognized as the foodstuff of champions in Oz.

Having said that there are pockets in Australia, Victoria is one such area, where the local inhabitants don't appreciate these products but we accept that. As taught in Marketing 101 you just can't please 100% of the folks 100% of the time.

Last edited by Rebel1; 11-01-2008 at 09:03 PM..