View Single Post
Old 11-05-2008, 01:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKIII, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam
Not Ranked     
Angry Thanks for NOTHING HILLBANK!!

First off, I know I don't have a lot of posts here. I do lurk almost every day though, and have been building my FFR for > 2yrs.. I'm sorry one of my few posts is a rant. I'm not a troll and the reason I'm posting this here is because I know there are SPF folks here and I want to get off my chest how I was treated by Hillbank.

Brent and Jamo, if you feel this is not warranted, please accept my apology and close the thread. But I have to, like I said, get this off my chest. No one deserves a bait and switch, which is exactly what happened to me today.

A friend turned me on to the degas tank from Superformance listed on ebay for $369. I look it up and, sure enough, there it is. Brand new, in the box. They are in Irvine - which is right around the corner from me - so I call them up.

(paraphrasing)

"Saw your ebay listing. Can I come down tomorrow and pick one up?"

"Sure, no problem. See you tomorrow"

So I take an early lunch, hop on the 405 and head down to pick it up. (Big plans to start my engine this weekend. Big party. Lot's o' people)

I get there and they say, "Sorry, can't let it go for less than $500" They changed the price on the spot!!! I didn't blow up; just declined to pay an extra $130 bucks on the spot and left.

I'm so pissed I can spit! HILLBANK,If you post a price and tell someone you will sell it at that price, HONOR IT!!

Yeah, I'll get flamed, but they were pretty low to Bait-and-Switch me like that.

Sign me,

CNRED

PS
Here's the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/polli...mZ320314999276

It's now listed @ $500. I could have bought it last night @$369 but, like I said, I'm (still, with another tank, hopefully) planning a start party this weekend. Hence, the pickup.