View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 08:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Alright guys here is the funeral info and wake info for Chris, L.J.'s son.

We have a date for both services. LJ's body can't be back here until next week. The official memorial service will be held Nov 21, 2008 at the Wildwood Chapel at Laureland cemetery in the Oak Cliff area of Dallas.

LJ hadn't lived in Dallas since the early 70's but that's where his parents were buried.

I am also throwing the combination "Let's introduce Chris to his real Dad & Wake/Celebration/Party on LJ's side of town this Saturday so LJ won't be here in person so to speak. All the details have yet to be set, but we will collect any written remembrances or stories plus have a PA so people can get up and tell their stories to Chris and the group.

It will be a little bit like a Wake in that it will be a certain amount of BYOB (maybe) and covered dish. We'll put his new motorcycle front and center and a bunch of his racing pictures to sorta set the tone for the evening. The final format might be modified somewhat as we begin to reach all the people, but it will be more of an upbeat type celebration of all the things that were LJ.

All info per email from David Bennett

Once again guys we could use as many stories as yall can come up with, if you will not be attending the wake for Chris this weekend then email them to me at jimigmoney@yahoo.com Thanks in advance to anyone that takes the time to put together some stories for me, I know L.J.'s son will truly appreciate even the smallest ones.