View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 05:26 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #621, Keith Craft 408
Not Ranked     
Default Operation Comfort-Saturday, Dec 13th

I spoke with Janice at Op Comfort again yesterday, everyone is very excited about our visit. At present they expect about 20 soldiers, 20 admin folks and the HCC has 31 people and 20 Cobras going (rain or shine). Bar B Q lunch hosted by Op Comfort, we're bringing beverages, chairs, cakes, Christmas cookies, brownies etc. Jim Driesch has recieved numerous donations towards the "Wish List" from auto parts stores, body shop suppliers, etc. We're going to try to put together a commemorative T-Shirt for the event, enough for all attending (not sure we have enough time) but we're trying. Lots of enthusiasm here in Houston. I sent a letter to my daughters school asking for support letters/cards from the kids to the soldiers also making an announcement at church this morning.

I know this time of the year many folks already have plans. Any way you get involved is greatly appreciated. A card, a letter, a donation or if nothing else, spread the word. Someone out there knows someone at a newspaper, a news station, put up a notice at work with the link to Op Comfort http://www.operationcomfort.org/ Thanks for your support and again, God Bless the soldiers.