View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 07:23 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by TButtrick View Post
It was the front shocks and yes it was cleaned up.
Ahhh, memories... like the corners of my mind.

Here's one of the threads, for posterity.... Factory Five Warning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhv48 View Post
FACTORYFIVERACING
Senior Charter Member

To:****** All FFR customers:* If you are driving an FFR chassis kit that uses Bilstein shock absorber part numbers:
F4BE3 A273-T0
F4BE3 A273-T1
F4BE3 A273 T0 SR

Stop driving your car immediately.

There is a possibility that the shock absorbers on your car may break/fail and could result in your injury or the injury of others.

These numbers are stamped on the shock body and these shocks were used on the front suspension and the rear independent suspension kits from about 2003 to August 1, 2008. *If you do not know how to determine if your car is affected, please call us at 508-291-3443 and ask for technical support.

There are no further answers for you guys tonight. I will be directing the staff at FFR to communicate this initial message to all affected customers via our website, our mailing list and records, and verbally to our customers, suppliers and clients.

I am truly sorry for this inconvenience and look forward to being able to communicate an action plan to all of you shortly.

Dave Smith
President

This was just posted to the FFR Forum, thought everyone should be aware.