View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 07:41 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767Jockey View Post
Again, it's important for him to have full knowledge of all that is different in these cars that we all enjoy so much. He may not understand yet that with FFR he's going to get a solid rear axle (yes, I know he can get an IRS, but percentage wise few of these are built). He needs to know the difference, and what plusses and minuses these solid axles bring to the table. I'm not knocking FFR's, so any of you FFR guys please don't get your panties in a wad as some are prone to do around here when "their" cars are spoken about. FFR serves a niche in this industry and it serves it well, but at the end of the day, like any other car they have their plusses and they certaily have their minuses. The shape of the body is only one of them. He neeeds to sit back and learn about all the cars and the features that differentiate all of threm. ONly then can he make his choice. We are all too often eager to tell people that "our" brand car is infallible and clearly the choice to those looking, and often this is simply not the best advice. Education without bias is the key. It is often very hard to find around here.
767Jockey -- obviously you think FFR cars suck.