View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 05:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler with home-rebuilt 393 Cleveland stroker(Ya---ikes!)
Not Ranked     
Wink He was.......

........in the class behind me. When I saw "St. Mark's School" in the Hanoi U. freshman register, I thought it was referring to a veddy-veddy exclusive Prep(pie) Skoo in central-south Massachusetts!

Since he was a freshman (class of '69) he was a year behind me (I was '68). I only played freshman ball (Fall of '64)---whereas TLJ went on to considerable glory, blocking for a true titan named Vic Gatto. Of special note was THE most famous GAME of all----the 1968 Hanoi-Yale Game. Gatto scored with 00:00 on the clock---Hahvud was allowed a point after attempt, went for two and "won" 29-29. Ar-ar. Carm Cozza (Yale coach) said it was "the worst loss he ever suffered". Having gradiated the precvious Spring, I was standing up in the stands, getting spat on, 'cuz I was wearing a Naval OCS uni.

My everlasting, indelible record (never broken as far as I know) was set during the 1964 Hanoi-Dartmouth (freshman) game: I was assessed three (count'em 3!) 15-yard penalties, the last being a Game Ejection. Even got a letter fro AD 'Dolph Zamborski on that one. O'course, being firmly in the grip o' Demon Rum the following day, while watching Hanoi get HUMILIATED by Dartmouf 48-0 in Hanoi's first televised game (Ken Coleman behind the mike)----I decided to rip out of the stands, and kidnap Wahoo-Wah (Dartmouth's Indian mascot). THAT episode led to my interview with Bawney Fwank. Had that c-s-er succeeded in expelling me, it woulda been 'Nam in6 weeks! Yippa daing!

Carrion.

Fly to Hawai'i tomorrow! Keee---kkkeee---rist!