View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 05:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2168, 418, TKO 600
Not Ranked     

I just purchased a New in the box set of Superformance 15" rims and brought them to Roger Kraus Racing to have them install a new set of GT BB's.

After reading all these "vibrations" posts I sort of made a big deal that I wanted the best possible balance on my new wheels. Especially on the GY BB's.

After a few hours Roger Kraus gave a me a call to tell me that they tested the balance on the bare rims first and that each of the the front rims (without tires) require 4 to 6 ounces of weights just to get the rims balanced. That is a lot of weight...
Let me add that tires, alignment, balancing, and racing with what Roger Kraus specializes in for the past 20 to 25 year. They are good.

He then mentioned that most people blame the tires without checking the rims. this makes sense, but I have not read that on any of the posts on cc yet.

I called the SPF dealer where I purchased the rims from and he said that either the rims are damaged or all the SPF rims would have the same problem as they are all made from the same mold. This does make sense so I'm not sure I'm going to exchange them.

Is that common for New OEM Superformance rims to be so out of balance?

Thanks,
Dan