View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 09:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JBL/Goins Motorsports
Not Ranked     

Scrivy, the JBL Cobra body is 4 inches wider and 5 inches longer. With 3 inches of the length in the doors. An existing hard top would have to have extensive modifications made to have it fit. This could prove to be very cost prohibitive.

I just finished last week with new body molds for the JBL/Goins Motorsports cobra. I took an existing customers vehicle (thanks John Holcomb) made some changes and produced some new tooling. One of the most significant changes was the closing of the rear wheel well and adding a slight flare. This seems to be one of the biggest complaints with existing customers and potential customers. It also helped give the car a look closer to the original. Cleaned up some body lines and changed the hood scoop. I am in the process of making a hardtop to be finished by spring.

I also made some changes to the Touring/Street Version chassis. Extended the floor pan length and widened the seat area. Floor pan from rear bulkhead to foot box is 51", seat area width 20". Proper steering wheel, pedal placement, and seat mounting allows the customer to be able to drive the car for very long periods of time with out discomfort and driver fatigue. Add some Hudgins suspension geometry and you have an awesome ride. Better stop here starting to sound like an advertisement. I will post some photos in my gallery GMS.

Larry