View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 04:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Fibercraft Bodies 427 S/C, 351W disguised as a 427.
Send a message via AIM to SuperHart
Not Ranked     
Default FE Expansion Tanks For Small Block-Any Interest

I have successfully modified an original FE expansion tank to fit my 351W and finished my fourth season of driving without any problem. Just wondering how much interest exists if I was to offer for sale modified tanks complete with thermostat housing ready to bolt on the 351W (not sure if it will clear on a 302)for $120 plus shipping. The unit would consist of a modified original 1960s FE expansion tank (passenger side outlet) free of major dents (an occasional minor ding acceptable), completely cleaned ,bead blasted, primed and painted low luster black. Also included would be a chrome water outlet with O ring seal modified to mate with the tank and a 90 degree radiator hose elbow to connect the tank to the outlet. The unit would be completely assembled and ready to bolt on. Five inches of hood clearance above the intake manifold thermostat mount would be required since the unit with radiator cap measures approximately 4 3/4" above the thermostat housing. The tank and water outlet would be modified as described on my Cobra Build Page 4. These units would be made to order as time permits.

If there is any interest, please review the photos and description and let me know. I currently have two tanks being prepared.
Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."