View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 01:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKIII, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam
Not Ranked     

Dean (and Jamo),

Fair question indeed.

I don't know who it was I talked to but assume it was a higher-up. The guy who up'd the price was going over the head of the first guy I spoke with. I also don't know who the poster is on page one. With only 2 posts (both on this thread) I'm ASSUMING it's someone at Hillbank. At this point I appreciate the offer of the part for free but would not feel good about taking it. I've gotten over the experience and don't have any desire to have them take a further hit. I also feel that their response was reasonable. Generous even. If I hadn't invested $$$ in an alternate solution I might even take them up on the offer, but I'd ask only that they sell it to me at the agreed-to price.

I started the thread when I got back from their place and I was pretty hot at the time. I think, reasonably so. I feel they deserved to be called out for it. Now? Well, I hope they would consider honoring a listed - and agreed to - price for their customers in the future. Also, I hope that the english guy I spoke to when they were still by the airport realizes that bashing the competition doesn't work, at least with me. I've been around a while and I've learned a thing or two about sales. One thing I learned is, sell on your merit, not by dressing down the competition.

One thing: For the record. SPF makes an outstanding product. I've never bashed them, here or anywhere else.

Hillbank? Well, I'm sure they don't like me very much but I hold no grudges. Someone posted just today asking where they could find the same part. I posted that they could find it on ebay. No bashing. No references to this thread.

So how do I feel now? It's over. If they'd like, Jamo or Ron can edit the title to ADD the word "resolved". I try not to edit anything here, as I've seen Jamo doesn't like it.

So no hard feelings Hillbank; just stick to the deal, that's all I ask.

Fair enough?