Thread: Drive Shaft
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 02:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Harrison # 80; Ford 5.0L HO Trickflow heads, cam and rockers and MassFlow EFI
Send a message via Skype™ to Merv and Sharon
Not Ranked     

Lots of good advice here and thanks Sambo for the paint compliment. I am very pleased with the colour painted. I will post some more pics tomorrow as all the fittings are now back on. Tomorrow involves connecting up the clutch and accelerator cables and radiator hoses.

The Drive shaft:

Warwick said to measure it from the diff. pinion flange to the rear edge of the gearbox housing (425mm) then he will order the 'shaft made for me. That sounds fine. The rear is IRS (R32 Nissan) so I guess the angles are less critical.

However, I will check make sure both faces are square, as Martin and Geof suggest. I feel that these probably aren't, as to the eye the gearbox is actually off the horizontal already. That is, if I look at the top of the mounting plate for the gearlever, it is not parallel to the garage floor (+/_ 10 degrees). This may not be a problem as I could adjust the engine mounts a bit but it makes me think that the rear vertical face of the gearbox may also be out to some degree. Perhaps Warwick has in mind that I use a service to get it balanced. Haven't had a chance to discuss this as yet.

Merv

Ford Cobra
Harrison #80.
Peregian Beach
Sunshine Coast Qld.