Thread: weigh-in on jbl
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 05:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Is your weight in the drivers seat?

Vector1 Is this with your weight in the drivers seat or your weight? Don't forget the helmet and drivers suit and gloves. If you are going racing a Kirbley driving seat should be added. After going with a low back seat to a road race seat, I will need go back. One other small note, get someone to check the height of the rollbar with you in the car strapped in and the helmet on. You want about 2" above your helmet. I am sure Rich H has already said something if you are going track racing. If it gets serious, add a cage. I have a 5 point cage with a door bar that fits inside the car with no cutting of the body. Pain to get in and out of the car but safety is first. Car looks good. My car is a 50-50% left to right side with the battery in the trunk and a 48-52% front to rear setup. Down the road get a tire temp gauge. This will show you what the car is doing on the track and what adjustments to make for better handling. Talk to Rich about your spring and shock setup. I added springs that are 40% higher rated for the track over the street setup and went with a QA1 shocks over the Spax ones. Alot more adjustments to work with. Dampening and rebound. Good luck with the car. Unless the motor is drysump, again talk to Rich about adding a accusump 3 quart to the car for autocross racing or roadracing. High speed G turns with give you no or very low oil pressure. Motor don't live long without this. If you rebuild the motor every year, don't worry about it. It has save my motor twice from rocker shafts breaking. Good luck Rick L.