View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 03:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Looking for a nice Cobra ...
Not Ranked     

I have the same question myself, but I feel it would be extremely hard for another state (including GA) to change the pre-existing model year of car that is documented in title & registration from another state. You wouldn't have to produce the MSO and there's not a reason for them to see the car in person. As far as the state of GA is concerned - the car you just brought into the state is an original. I guess we'd need to hear from someone who recently bought a titled 196x car and applied for registration/tag here in GA to be sure.

I don't have a Cobra, but I have been doing a lot of research on getting one in my garage. I've been struggling a lot with building vs. buying. Based on the current state of affairs, it seems the state of GA will push me out of state to buy a pre-titled & registered 196x Cobra based on pure economics (emissions issues, ad val tax, etc.). I hope things change soon; I'd prefer to spend my money with local GA businesses (Southern Automotive, Starrformance, etc.) and keep the build or turn key minus a cost neutral option.

Last edited by JJM3; 01-01-2009 at 06:22 PM..