View Single Post
Old 10-27-2001, 09:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Dreaming - and saving $
Not Ranked     
Default O.K. - here it goes ...

Last week I figured I would call Dan at Snakepit and connect with the Rhode Island Superformance Sub Dealer. As some of you know, I can't drive a stick yet due to the injury I sustained in June. However, I have been doing tedious book work to further my education on ALL manufacturers of COBRAS. You have all been great help and this story should be of interest to some who are starting the process that I started almost 7 months ago. I looked at a Dark blue, w/ white stripes COBRA with a 385 HP 351, and it was absolutely stunning. I almost fell over. EVERY inch of this car was absolutely perfect. I couldnt believe it. I mean every inch. Steve (Rays Son) obliged to take me for a ride in this beast because I cant even push the clutch in my work trucks to the floor. Well, lets just say that I have owned fast cars, luxury cars, and driven Vettes, a couple of Porsches', and two weeks ago I rode in an original Cobra, an honor to say the least. But never in my lifetime have I been in an automobile with 385 hp that was as mind bending as this one. Not only was the car el' perfecto, it was the most unbelievable auto I have had the chance to be in. I think that with the footwork I have done for months, the phone conversations, ect. I am ready to make an educated decision on the builder of my next car. It will be Superformance. And I will buy it from Danny over at the PIT, or, Ray down in RI. They treated me as someone who was going to spend $52,000. Respectfully, business like, and occassionally people think I am 26, and getting in over my head. They are sadly mistaken. This car was perfect in every way, the performance is EXACTLY where I can feel comfortable, and lastly - The car ****ing ROCKS. Although I can't see spending so much money on a vehicle without taking the perverbial test ride first, I am going back to RI when my foot has fully healed and, Ray and I will depart for the official "TEST" and then, I will have the car that will be my sons eventually. You have all been very helpfull and I appreciate that. Thank you. P.S. Danny, thanks - I'll be in touch

Sincerely,
David F. Carlberg / Owner ENVIRO-WASH Systems L.L.C.
e-mail : carlbergatlantic@aol.com
or
info@enviro-wash.com