Thread: FFR Coupe #385
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 12:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC . 393 Dart alloy block Stroked 351 alloy heads ..all the goodies plus a pre oiler. al
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by albanycobra View Post
Hey Stiffy,
Your time will come soon I know. I failed Engineering the first time aswell, door handles,locks, mirrors. I got 87db on the noise test.....The engineer said he had not heard a quieter car. Funny thing is the pit guy told Ricky the car was dangerous, I asked why and he said it needs to make more noise or someone will step out in front of me and get hit...."you need to make it louder he said".......Ok

Plans are to recover fully from my back injury then get started on the car again. Ricky V a good friend of mine did all the driving and loading for me. I just signed paper work.

Stiffy ,what door handles are you going to use??? I still am not sure if I will keep mine.
Ha Ha similar story. The car looked bad with under body exhaust, no windscreen,no paint and very quiet. As I left, a garage fly said "that car would look good with a roll bar and a paint job (der) and the engineer (That just passed it) added " and sound better with side pipes !"
My smile grew that little bit wider.