View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 09:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 930, 427 Windsor T56
Not Ranked     

Well, I'm guessing you have the BDR clutch system since you posted this in the BDR section and your profile says you have BDR #038. You must bleed out the clutch system often on a BDR or the components WILL fail. Not maybe, they WILL fail.

I bleed it out every 6-9 months. I've had the car for over 4 years. The first master and slave went out before I had the car for a full year. Since sticking to this maintenance plan, I have not had anymore issues with the clutch system.

Buy yourself in inexpensive brake bleed/vacuum tool similar to this. You can find them cheaper probably from your local auto parts store.

1. Use this tool to suck the old fluid out of the master.
2. Poor clean fluid back into the master. You poor right out of a 12oz bottle into the master under the fender. Go in from the hood and position the bottle to the front of the master. Tip and poor.
3. Pump the clutch several times.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 three times.
5. Fill the master up with clean fluid.
6. Get yourself a voice activated clutch pedal depressor. Mine also cooks and cleans.
7. Have the VACPD push the depress and hold the clutch pedal.
8. Open the bleeder valve on the slave cylinder until it goes all the way down and then close the valve.
9. Have the VACPD release the clutch pedal.
10. Repeat steps 7-9. ***This is important**** only do this three times before refilling the master cylinder. The master only holds enough fluid for about 3.6 pumps. The 4th pump will suck the master dry. Don't do that.
11. Refill master.
12. Repeat steps 7-11 until fluid that comes out of the slave is clear. I find that one 12 oz bottle will generally do the trick.

Have Fun!

BDR #930
08 Corvette Coupe
92 Sunburst Yellow Miata
#81 Saturn V Miata Crapcan racer
Panoz GTRA #42

Last edited by Gatorac; 01-13-2009 at 09:51 AM..