View Single Post
Old 01-16-2009, 05:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Revival CR 3505, LS1, T56 6 Speed, VE 3.45 LSD Rear, 6 Spot AP Fronts, 4 Spot Wilwood Rears
Not Ranked     

Wishful,

I went through this process about 12 months ago.

I joined the Cobra Car Club VIC, and read heaps of posts on this forum.

The forum was a great source of information and opinion. A lot of the opinion comes from first hand experience so is very relevant.

I ended up going with the Classic Revival.

Before you choose, get plenty of advice and do lots of reading.

I personally visited the two manufacturers before I ordered etc.

One of the things I was most interested in was after-sales support as I knew I was going to need it.

Also I was interested in what sort of donor parts and engine choices I had with the different kit manufacturers.

In my case I purchased the Rolling Chassis option which sped things up a lot.

I have found Ian at CR to be most helpful and always answers the phone when I ring (in somes cases it was every day during some of the hectic build times). Often with some good suggestions to some of my problems.

The only one thing I found a little challenging was me being in Melb and Ian in Syd. Would have been nice to drop in to his shop a couple of time to explain and look at things etc.

The other thing I found challenging at the time was sourcing the engine, although since I dont think that is a big issue, but make sure you check this out as well.

If you need to chat just send me a PM and I can call you.

Rgds

Gregg