View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 05:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arps/Burroughs/Hurricane/428FE
Not Ranked     

OK, I have said a few not so nice things here on the web site regarding Shelby's law suit and that stuff,but I know thats just business.

I do want to say why I love these little cars more that anyother set of wheels.
Back in 1965, I was working in the Hollywood, Ca. area, for a utility company..basically digging ditches..and was standing on a major street "flagging traffic". This task was better than digging because it was easy, got to check out the girls and all the cool cars of the day. While standing there, I heard the loud rumbling sound..I knew it to be a Ford product coming down the street, because I'm a Ford lover. I saw this little car (Cobra) coming fast, making way too much noise and looking "Oh So Cool".
The Cobra stopped next to me in the traffic, the windshield was vibrating as if it might just rattle off the car..the entire car was shaking...WOW! I was hooked from that moment on. The Cobra took off, burning a little rubber and sliding a bid sideways...bad to the bone..WOW!
Anyway, that night my wife and I went to Shelby's show room to check out these little sports cars..WOW! One with a 289 engine $7500.00, with a 427, $10,000..well, couldn't afford either one..my wife just said "No way- you got babies at home".

Well, here I am today, still can't afford a real Shelby but my replica is just fine and I'm having the time of my life.

Bill

Last edited by Bill Bess; 02-05-2009 at 04:57 AM..