Thread: Csx4005la
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 08:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

So, does anyone have any info on this car? I'm told it was one of 3 built for some gentlemen from Mexico City by HST in San Diego.

It is a carbon fiber body with a Roush/Tremec power train.

It was only driven about 600 miles in 2 years. When I went to sign the paperwork at BJ they warned me that I needed to check the coolant. They said it was a CA and Mexico car and probably didn't have good coolant. So on Sunday morning I went to find a tester, in amongst trying to get my car ready for the block. Before I went down I found an Autozone and got a tester. It was good to something way above freezing. So after my car went I went back and got an iprovized siphon tube (brake hose), an empty gallon jug, and a gallon of antifreeze. I siphoned off about 1 gallon from the radiator and went back to get another gallon of anitreeze and put about 1/4-1/3 gallon more. The BJ guys took it outside after the auction was over on Sunday (and I was headed to the airport) and warmed it up to mix what was in the block. When it got here on Monday I tested it again and it was good to -37.

Now I'm draining everything that closely resembles liquids and starting over - coolant, oil, brakes, anything that runs.