View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 05:44 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports; KC408w: 546HP/ 553TQ
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up February DFW Meet

Howdy North Texas Cobra Faithful,

Alot of you got this last night via email regarding the February meet. The rest of you get it now that the forum is back up; indicating, perhaps its time to have another email roundup.

Some proposed that I pick this month's meeting place; I am honored. I hope all, far and near, can make it to see the debut of my car. I am still working through a bug or two and staying close to home. I hope you all can humor me with a trek just a little further east than our usual as we try to lure some old friends out of hiding. One of those old friends has an eatery and has agreed to host us (and allow us to mark up the parking lot?).

Jimmy John's Sandwich Shop
Proprietor: Colleen Halbert
Address: 4101 E Renner Rd, Richardson, TX 75082
Date: Saturday, February 7, 2009
Time: 10:30am

It is located approximately 1 mile North of Bush Turnpike on the left side of Renner Road.

Colleen recommends the #5 Vito Sandwich. The #10 Hunter's Club doesn't look too bad either, or the JJ Gargantuan if you dare. Remember, "your Mom wants you to eat at Jimmy John's." http://www.jimmyjohns.com/menu/menu.aspx

I am gaining confidence in the car and becoming familiar with its handling; 3rd gear and the split second going from 3000rpm to 5000rpm was an eye opener last Saturday(), getting on Interstate 30 Eastbound at Dalrock... as some of you mentioned familiarity with, "a rolling launch and shooting the gap for a quick 1/8th of a mile."

I hope you all can make it to Jimmy Johns, and I hope the weather holds: Miles' "weather friend" said 65 by noon, mostly cloudy, and only a 10% chance of rain.

Thanks,
John