View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 09:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Exclamation Watch out for the subpoenas....

I don't know who else here is a member of FFCOBRA.com, but people need to be warned. I have a long-standing problem with FFR myself, and maybe that is why I have been targeted, but I received a subpoena for a deposition in the case of Shelby v FFR. I am personally involved in a Class Action suit against FFR with just over 200 other dissatisfied people signing to certify the class, and maybe that is why too? Anyhow, if you are a poster on the FFCOBRA message board, or have anything to do with them, I bet you are going to get one too. It's not that big of a deal, just a lot of questions. If you answer straight, no need for an attorney. If you are stuck in the middle, I suggest getting an attorney to write your response, otherwise you might say something that comes back to bite you in the ass.

Some of you know that I was kicked off the FFCOBRA board for simply talking about all the failed parts, doa parts, missing parts, bad welding, missing powder coating, etc etc... But my suit isn't against the board. Shelby is suing them, and they are in a lot of trouble. Basically, FFR was told by the courts to cease and desist from all Shelby names in 2002. Before the ruling the was even signed, they started the FFCOBRA message board (2 weeks before in fact) and now they are going to be ruined for flippantly subverting the ruling. My lawyer thinks the original suit and subsequent agreement is going to be thrown out because Dave Smith was acting in bad faith and obviously negotiating with the intent to subvert the judgement before the ink was wet, let alone dry. If the owner of FFCOBRA was used by Dave Smith, this is going to suck most for him, and I will feel bad for him. If he was in cahoots from the beginning for a free kit or something, he un-knowingly threw himself to the wolves in Dave Smiths name, and I won't feel as bad then.

Anyhow, sorry for this as a first post on here, but I figure there have to be some people on here who are also unhappy with Cult going on over there, and wanted to give a heads up. If you want to contact me.... hit me up here:

wolverine (at) factory5gtm.com.

If you want my entire story, and to see the 5 written promises to replace my kit, my responses asking to have that happen, and then Dave Smith acting as though he never offered, rinse, repeat.... a year later, same problems, same promises, same first kit, with ruined parts, rusted parts, backordered replacements, and a file 2 boxes full of correspondences... A great way to ruin a hobby I love.

I will keep future posts to the cars. You can reach me about this topic at the address above, and I will get you any info you want... PRIVATELY.

Be well, build fast, and drive it like you stole it.