Thread: New Project.
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 02:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic revival kit (CR3181), gen III engine, T56 6 speed box, AU XR8 lsd diff
Send a message via Yahoo to boxhead
Not Ranked     
Default New Project.

Hi everyone,
Well with the delay in working out what the next stage of my engineering was to be (all due to Darwin engineer not being very helpful and Christmas break), I started on my wifes car.
It is a 1974 VJ Valiant Charger, it will be fitted with front sheetmetal and headlight assys from a CXC CJ Chrysler, I plan on making headlight covers similar to what was fitted to Ford Landau.
The car will at this stage be painted in Hemi Orange both on top and underneath, it will have a 1980's pro street feel to the car.
If you want to see the complete build thread then please check out this.
http://www.hemi6pack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24745
But here are some pics to show what I have done.
Here is the body rotisiere I made.

This is the starting point.

The car was originaly built for speedway racing but never got completed, first job was to get the cage out, and since the roof had been hacked off and only tacked back in place, and also the plenum chamber was badly rusted, I figured it would be best to take the roof and plenum off in one piece (I have a donor car that is supplying whatever it can to the project including roof and plenum)

Here it is with Plenum out.

And here is the donor one.

Roof on its new home.

Here it is on the rotisiere.

I have removed the body deadener that had been added to the rear wheel arches at some stage, I will be reapplying new deadener but wnated to get the old stuff out as it had just been sprayed over the original paint (never had deadener from factory) so it was peeling off in big flakes.

And that is where I am upto at the moment.

I realise it is not Cobra related and that is why I had not made mention of it till now.
So if people are not intersted just say so and I will not update and let it fall off the page.
I promise I wont be offended.

Cruising in 5th

---------------------------------------------
Never be afraid to do something new, Remember, Amateurs built the Ark: Professionals built the Titanic.